[Gdal-dev] Another NetCDF driver bug fix

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 17 22:40:59 EDT 2007

Joaquim Luis wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>
>> Joaquim,
>>
>> I believe we need someone to step up and take ownership of the netcdf
>> driver.  It seems that Denis Nadeau does not have the time to do a lot of
>> new work on it, and I have been trying to duck these issues.  Are you
>> interested in taking on responsibility for it?
>
> Frank,
> I'm honored and willing to help but I think you overestimated my
> programing skills.
> I must warn you (and the others) that I can more or less read C++ but
> that is not a language that I practice.
> So, I can give my contribution but don't know if that is enough to say
> that I'll be responsible
> for the driver.

Joaquim,

Assuming this isn't false modesty, it might be better if you acted as
tester and perhaps providing some patches rather than taking on primary
responsibility.

Paavo Jumppanen has proposed some substantial upgrades to the netcdf
driver ...   too comprehensive for me to make a quick analysis.  Perhaps
you could try integrating them in a local build and test them to see if
they seem appropriate?

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1808