[Gdal-dev] Parameter names in swig bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri Oct 19 08:34:11 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres kirjoitti:
> In this particular case I would support renaming geom to spatialFilter
> in ExecuteSQL since it makes the interface more clear without causing
> backward compatibility issues

ok, committed

> However if a typemap against a parameter should be implemented for all
> of the bindings then using the explicit %apply with a sufficient
> typemap name would be a requirement.

I don't quite get this. We do have typemaps that are "global" and not
explicitly applied. I admit that using a typemap for checking the
non-nullness of all geometry parameters that have the name "other" is
not optimal but it works for me now (after the commit above).

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning