[Gdal-dev] Null-Pointer in GDALOpen?

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Mon Oct 22 16:35:26 EDT 2007

Hi again,

I figured out that the conversion of "\a.tif" leads to a
missinterpretation in translation to char and therefore the strange
symbol comes up.
Not clear is why the function did not break in this case.

I traced a bit through the gdal-geotiff-opening process and figured out
that everything works fine until this part
in GDALDataset *GTiffDataset::Open( GDALOpenInfo * poOpenInfo ) in
geotiff.cpp

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
/*      Try opening the dataset.                                        */
    if( poOpenInfo->eAccess == GA_ReadOnly )
    hTIFF = VSI_TIFFOpen( poOpenInfo->pszFilename, "r" );
    else
        hTIFF = VSI_TIFFOpen( poOpenInfo->pszFilename, "r+" );

the code after this is not reached anymore.
If I have time tomorrow I will go through the code in tifvsi.cpp

bye
Tom