[Gdal-dev] FWtools vs gdal version incompatibility???

DeSpain, Ronald rdespain at harris.com
Tue Oct 30 12:14:03 EDT 2007

1] I use FWtools on the PC to prototype processing using gdal_translate
and I compile gdal apps along with Kakadu on our production SGI system.
We are recently having problems with converting NITFJp2 to GTiff when
the output file is larger than 2G on the SGI.  The same calls work fine
on the PC running FWtools.  I'm using gdal 1.3.1 in both instances
(FWtools1.0.0a7) and I include the KAK dll in the FWtools1.0..
directory.   The newest FWtools also works to make BIGTiffs ( I've made
one that is 11GB) and OpenEv opens it fine.

The call is simply :  gdal_translate -of GTiff <infilejp2.ntf>
<outfile.tif>

The output file does not start out with II or MM, (bad tiff header).

2] Is there a historical change list on line which identifies which
version of gdal is in FWtools versions as well as changes to gdal so I
can sync the version on the PC and SGI and LINUX?

rdespain at harris.com

321 984 5977