[Gdal-dev] LIB : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ogr\ogrsf_frmts\ogrsf_frmts.lib'

sandricionut sandricionut at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 08:32:47 EDT 2007

Hi:
I am trying to compile Gdal 142 on Windows XP sp2 using VStudio 2005 C++
Express, with HAVE_NUMPY option. I am not a programmer, so I have just
followed the information from
http://http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows
http://http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows

when I run from command line C:\Gdal\gdal-1.4.2>nmake /f makefile.vc install
I get the error:
LIB : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'ogr\ogrsf_frmts\ogrsf_frmts.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\lib.EXE"' : return co
de '0x49d'
Stop
How I can get ogrsf_frmts.lib?