[Gdal-dev] problem to compile gdal 1.4.2 with kakadu JPG2000 support

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Sep 7 10:35:22 EDT 2007

patrice canonici wrote:
> Hi Mateusz
>
> I solved the problem by compiling gdal  with the configure option
> --without-libtool, and it is now a success.

Great!

> In fact I saw that gdal use its own libtool. I looked for version, and
> it was not the same as the one  I have.
> so I tryed to execute the same command (/bin/sh
> /home/pcanonici/work/MapServer/gdal-1.4.2/libtool --mode=link
>   g++  ogrinfo.o /home/pcanonici/w ..... ) with my libtool, and the
> result was the same.
>
> Note that I built kakadu following its documentation.
>
> Now I follow the link you give, i can see that :
> LIBTOOL support:           no
>
> It seems to be very important to don't have libtool support activated.
> Can you tell me why ? I don't feel  good  with that.

I'm not sure why the libtools is a problem with Kakadu, but personally
I usually don't use libtool and build GDAL using --without-libtool
(mostly because it builds faster without libtool).

Is this a problem for you to not to use libtool when building
with Kakadu support?

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot