[Gdal-dev] Create GTiff with 8bit color table

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at gmx.de
Tue Sep 11 06:11:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

I try to make my first experiences with GDAL. I simply want to create some geotiff file from 8bit color table index data.

    GDALDriverManager * drvman = GetGDALDriverManager();
    driver  = drvman->GetDriverByName("GTiff");

    dataset = driver->Create("test.tif",width,height,1,GDT_Byte,0);
    GDALRasterBand * band1 = dataset->GetRasterBand(1);
    band1->SetColorInterpretation(GCI_PaletteIndex);

    dataset->FlushCache();

This code will tell me:
    ERROR 6: SetColorInterpretation() not supported for this dataset.

What's my fault during setup?

BTW is there any reason why GDALColorTable is not visible in the documentation?

Oliver