[Gdal-dev] Standard LICENSE / credit requirement reporting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 13 11:26:34 EDT 2007

Folks,

I have implemented and committed the changes.  GDAL should
now install LICENSE.TXT in /usr/local/share/gdal and it should
report it from the utilities if you give the --license switch
as well as from GDALVersionInfo().

I have also taken the liberty of modifying RFC 3 (commiter guidelines)
with this note in the legal section:

* Code with licenses requiring credit, or disclosure to users should be added
to /trunk/gdal/LICENSE.TXT.

While the practice of updating adopted RFCs is somewhat questionable,
I hope we can consider this a minor editorial change without having
a round of voting, etc.  If there are any concerns let me know.

Best regards,