[Gdal-dev] BigTiff and libtiff

Garrett Potts potts at cfl.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 08:10:15 EDT 2007

Hello Frank:

I am just thinking of different Open SPEC ways that already exist
that we can take Video where each frame is tagged with a geospatial
component.  So fast random access is not needed but sequential frame
per frame access could be.  Most examples I am seen probably would
not exceed 1000 or so frames per day but didn't want a limit to hat
to exist on down the road.

Think of storing all frames and geospatial taggs ( orientation, frame
parameters, ... etc) per directory where eac h directgory is a single
frame. We can then have things like:

flight<data>.tif

to indicate a flight run on a single day.  If we are capturing at
around 1 per second then this can get large.

Take care

Garrett