[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate - ability to specify adfGeoTransform?

Michael Sumner mdsumner at utas.edu.au
Mon Sep 17 05:59:48 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've often wished I could specify the georeferenced bounds of an input
file to gdal_translate, so that -projwin could be used even for an
incompletely georeferenced file.

I'm not sure what "a" stands for in -a_ullr but I imagine a new argument
such as

*-input_ullr* /ulx uly lrx lry/:
    Override the georeferenced bounds of the input file. This assigns
    georeferenced bounds to the input file, ignoring what would have
    been derived from the source file.

Looking at the source it seems simple enough to implement, but I wonder
why the option is not already there?  Is there something dangerous about
this that I am missing?

Cheers, MIke.