[Gdal-dev] Import Gdal

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Thu Sep 20 03:45:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

       Bingo! I want to learn Python and installing FWtools introduces a lot
of unknow stuff to me ( well, is a beginner´s insight) , who just need the
gdal methods to interactuate with other python libs ( numeric,
scientific,database interfaces,...).
Perhaps in Python doesn´t work in this way. Perhaps avanced python
programmers understand inmediately FwTools, but for me they are a lot of win
binaries folders, with python files, openenv, etc... uff! too many learning
curves for me! :(
    I know later Fwtools will be en easiest way to install gdal with python,
and will know how to fusion with other modules, packages, languages, etc...
But i´ve got a long way and the first step has to be simpler.

Gus