[Gdal-dev] Best way to test if one OGRLinearRing is inside of another?

Dan Homerick danhomerick at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 12:20:11 EDT 2007

Hello List-Readers,

I notice that the within/contains functions don't work for LinearRing's (as
is indicated in the documentation for rings), but they also don't work with
two LineStrings (not mentioned, that I see).

Is the best/only way to test if one ring is nested in another to convert the
LinearRings to LineStrings, then test each point of 'inner' for containment
in 'outer'?

I've got a bunch of coordinate sequences that I'm trying to convert into a
shapefile, if some context helps.

Cheers,
 -Dan