[gdal-dev] SoC: Application Review

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 9 15:55:54 EDT 2008

Potential GDAL Mentors,

It looks like we have three project applications for GDAL/OGR:

     * SoCTMSDriver: Read/Write driver for TMS tiles
           o Student: Václav Klusák

     * SoCGDAL2Tiles: GDAL2Tiles Improvements
           o Student: Klokan Petr Pr(idal

     * (app at google): Openstreetmap OGR Driver
           o Student: Olga Mardar

I am aware of the following folks willing to mentor:

  FrankW, HowardB, MateuszL, DanielM, TamasS

This information is summarized at:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SoCProjects

We will need to get together soon to prioritize the project applications
and decide who wants to mentor what.  I'd also appreciate anyone missing
form the mentor list to add themselves (and let me know), and if anyone
sees other applications suitable for GDAL to let me know.  I only skimmed
the projects that were not apparently GDAL related.

I see we till April 22nd to work this out, so no big rush.  Perhaps we could
have an irc meeting on the morning of Friday April 18th to work it out, and
then pass a formal motion by email.