[gdal-dev] OGR Feature Style Specification

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 17 11:00:57 EDT 2008

Ari Jolma wrote:
> If thought sensible in the first place I could try writing down this as
> a RFC.

Ari, Andrey, etc,

I'm afraid I've not followed this feature styling discussion all that
closely.

I'm interested in a more standards based feature styling approach for OGR,
whether that is SVG, SLD or some combination.

An RFC process would clearly be needed, but to me this seems like a large
effort.  So I think Andrey's question about who has the expertise, time
and need sufficient to drive such an effort is important.  I don't and would
at best be a tangential contributor.