[gdal-dev] gdal1.5.1 make error on RedHat Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 14:07:19 EDT 2008

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) wrote:
> hi Frank and list,
>
> After upgrading libcurl, make went further. There were other errors (see
> below). Does this look like a problem caused by other older version of
> lib?

Shawn,

The problem about libstdc++ 5 vs. 6 in libgeos likely indicates
libgeos needs to be rebuilt.

The main problem is HDF5 support.  For whatever reason you have
compiled and built with it, but the libraries aren't being found
at link time.  If you don't need it, just configure --without-hdf5.
If you do need it, review your hdf5 settings.  I normally have -lhdf5
in my LIBS variable when building with HDF5.