[gdal-dev] Add and register a driver to OGR - How to ?

Gregor Fikoczek gregor.fikoczek at wheregroup.com
Thu Apr 24 08:00:26 EDT 2008

Hallo @ all,

i am a newbie and trying to add and register a driver to OGR, but it fails.
Can anyone post me a short how to?

What i've done:

1. I copied the directory with sources (called 'nas'),
to 'gdal-1.5.1/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/'

Now I don't konow how I can register the driver, I tried the following:

2.  Eding the line 'void CPL_DLL RegisterOGRNAS();' to the
file 'gdal-1.5.1/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.h'
(Maybe I have to register the driver anywhere else???)

In the end i tested the formats
with: 'gdal-1.5.1/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/apps/ogrinfo --formats' but there was no
supported format called 'nas'

Regards,
Greg

--