[gdal-dev] GSoC GDAL2Tiles: MapTiler.org, Google Maps Projection Web, Source Code

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Tue Aug 19 02:55:44 EDT 2008

Hi Craig,

For clipping you should use another GDAL tools before passing raster
to gdal2tiles for tile generation.

If you need to clip just by specifying bounding box in source
coordinates or raster coordinates you can use 'gdal_translate' on the
input raster and its parameters -srcwin or -projwin (probably with -of
VRT).

If you have shapefile of the mask, then use tool like 'gdal_rasterize'
to burn the mask into the alpha channel band.

Best regards

Klokan