[gdal-dev] Injecting Projection information in CreateCopy

Christiaan Janssen cjanssen at iavo-rs.com
Fri Aug 29 11:30:15 EDT 2008

Could someone tell me the best/easiest way to create a copy of a GDALDataset from one format to another and specifying a projection different than what is contained in the source GDALDataset. I realize the CreateCopy does most of this but I'm forced to use the projection contained in the source which I could change temporarily for the copy but that brings up another issue. If I have a raster with no geotransform the copy will fail to insert any projection whatsoever and the only way to insert a geotransform is for the file to be writable which I definetly want to avoid since I'm not trying to change the source. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Christiaan