[gdal-dev] OCI driver and Heap Corruption under Visual C++

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 18:15:15 EDT 2008

2008/8/30 Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:
> Mixing /MD and /MT may lead to big problems.
>
> Hmm, looks like not solvable problem for OCI.

That's true. In this topic I can always point to the following
article, especially to the "MORE INFORMATION" section:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140584

But I'd mention that it highly depend on how those dll-s interact with
each other. Dll-s having properly isolated operations with respect to
the memory management may co-operate fairly well with different CRT
settings. However in my experience using the debug and non debug
version of the CRT libraries in parallel may cause further issues that
may not be enumerated as a possible reason in this article.
So I consider using /MT and /MD simultaneously is much better that
using /MD and /MDd in parallel. Lovely....

Best regards,

Tamas