[gdal-dev] Injecting Projection information in CreateCopy

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Aug 31 23:52:17 EDT 2008

Christiaan Janssen wrote:
> VRTDatasets seem to be the best way to go in this case. Is there by chance a
> way to build a VRTDataset that is an exact copy of a GDALDataset or do I
> need to do it manually (not a big deal if I do). BTW, Thanks for all the
> help.

Christiaan,

I believe gdal_translate creates the VRTDataset bit by bit because it
may need to alter some fundamental things (like number of bands, types
and size).  But if all you want to change is malliable stuff such as
coordinate system or geotransform you can just use the VRT CreateCopy()
and then modify the results.