[gdal-dev] autotest 1.6 errors - need help

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Dec 1 13:20:14 EST 2008

Le Monday 01 December 2008 18:43:52 William Kyngesburye, vous avez écrit :
> On Dec 1, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> > William Kyngesburye wrote:
> >> I'm working on some autotest errors for 1.6, and I need some help
> >> to figure out how to fix them.
> >> - ogr_gml
> >>  TEST: ogr_gml_1 ... ERROR 1: <coordinates> element missing value.
> >> fail (blowup)
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>  File "pymod/gdaltest.py", line 89, in run_tests
> >>    result = func()
> >>  File "./ogr_gml_read.py", line 72, in ogr_gml_1
> >>    if feat.GetField('Name') != 'Aartselaar':
> >> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetField'
> >> and similar errors for tests 2-4
> >> strangely, there is a similar error for test 5 but it succeeds:
> >> TEST: ogr_gml_5 ... ERROR 1: <coordinates> element missing value.
> >> success
> >> Could it have something to do with Xerces 3?  I can try recompiling
> >> with Xerces 2.8.
> >
> > William,
> >
> > I'm not sure.  There has been recent work to support Xerces 3.0,
> > so I'm surprised.
>
> I think all that addressed was setting some macro so that ILI/IOM
> would compile.

Yes, ILI/IOM has been fixed, but the GML driver has also been changed so that
it behaves correctly with Xerces 3.0. I can confirm that GDAL 1.6.0RC2 passes
the GML autotest when compiled and run against xerces-3.0.0 (x86 Linux).
Are you sure you running a very recent GDAL ? The fix was commited in r15773,
on 2008/11/20, between beta2 and RC1.