[gdal-dev] Help VC++: Unresolved external symbol _GTIFNew using gdal 1.5.3

Luthfi a_luthfi at yahoo.ie
Mon Dec 1 18:45:41 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'm new in this mail-list.
I have a problem when trying to use gdal.
I use VC++ 6. After creating a project, I add some header files, C/C++ source files and inc files to my project, not all files included in gdal zip file.

They are :
[..]               [.]                geo_normalize.c    tif_ovrcache.c

cpl_minixml.cpp    cpl_csv.cpp        cpl_string.cpp     geotiff.cpp

cpl_string.h       tif_ovrcache.h     cpl_port.h         cpl_minixml.h

tif_config.h       tiffvers.h         tiffio.h           tiffconf.h

tiff.h             geo_normalize.h    xtiffio.h          geokeys.h

cpl_config.h       cpl_csv.h          geotiff.h          geotiffio.h

geovalues.h        geo_config.h       geo_ctrans.inc     geokeys.inc

epsg_units.inc     epsg_proj.inc      epsg_pm.inc        epsg_pcs.inc

epsg_gcs.inc       epsg_ellipse.inc   epsg_datum.inc     epsg_vertcs.inc

Then I include header files in my project and add some code :

  TIFF *tif=(TIFF*)0;  /* TIFF-level descriptor */
  GTIF *gtif=(GTIF*)0; /* GeoKey-level descriptor */

  /* Open TIFF descriptor to read GeoTIFF tags */
  tif=XTIFFOpen("d:/IMAGERY.TIF","r");
  gtif = GTIFNew(tif);

When I build the project, it result in linking error :

readGeoTiffDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GTIFNew
readGeoTiffDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _XTIFFOpen
Debug/readGeoTiff.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

I search in some forum, one say that it relate to library which can not be found. I look back to my gdal files, there are some lib but I'm not sure they are what I need, because their file name is different with the name of header files I use.

Please anyone knows about this?

Thank you

Luthfi

Indonesian Remote Sensing Ground Station