[gdal-dev] autotest 1.6 errors - need help

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Dec 3 13:47:14 EST 2008

William,

thanks for your testing and reporting!

I reproduced the issue myself and finally figured out the solution... that I
had myself forgotten after adding this test a few months ago.

You have to define the GISBASE environment variable so that it points to the
root of your GRASS install. For example, in my case :
GISBASE=/usr/local/grass-6.4.svn

The related code in grass57dataset.cpp is :

    if ( !getenv( "GISBASE" ) ) {
        // we are outside a GRASS session
        // TODO: use function instead of hardcoded path
        sprintf(fake_gisbase, "GISBASE=/usr/local/share/gdal/grass/" );
        putenv( fake_gisbase );
        hasGisbase = false;
    } else {
        hasGisbase = true;
    }

The TODO comment would suggest that there's some way to get that path...

Anyway, I've added the above advice in case of the test fails in trunk in
r15894 and in branches/1.6 in r15896

Best regards