[gdal-dev] MrSID & December 2008 GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 Release - gdal2tiles

John-Isaac Clark john.isaac.clark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:49:53 EST 2008

 I'd seen some previous posts about the gdal2tiles win32 command line
utility
not supporting MrSID (and other proprietary formats) until the Dec 2008 GDAL
release. Granted this was primarily on the maptiler.org site, but I've been
unable to dig up confirmation browsing the gdal dev sites.

I have used the gdal2tiles built from the gdal-dev libs and works great but
not w/MrSID as documented.

My question is, does the Dec 2008 GDAL release support MrSID format
conversion with gdal2tiles and more
specifically, does the gdal2tiles command line util support MySID format
now?

My hope would be to have access to a gdal2tiles win32 command line util but
am also open to integrating the gdal libs into a java app I'm developing as
well. My delivery time is very short however so I was hoping to use
gdal2tiles
in a win32 command line fashion on a large collection of MrSID files until I
can specifically integrate the gdal libs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

V/r,

jC