[gdal-dev] projection rejected by GDAL?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Dec 30 17:27:07 EST 2008

On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Even Rouault wrote:

> William,
>
> I'm a bit in your report, but my feeling is that when editing with
> Photoshop
> you also loose the GeoTransform.
>
> "gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:2252 myimage.tif georefimage.tif" should
> work
> however. I just tried it successfully with gdal-trunk.
>
> You should also add -a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry to the gdal_translate
> command
> line.

Ah, that's probably what I'm missing.  Even better, all I have to do
is duplicate the existing tfw file from the original image (the client
likes tfw files) with the Photoshopped file name.  tfw+EPSG = warped
joy!

> The "ERROR 1: Unable to compute a transformation between pixel/
> line..."
> message should only come with gdalwarp, not gdal_translate.

Right.  My brain is a bit scrambled right now, with all this.
gdal_translate doesn't generate the error, gdalwarp does, after I've
used gdal_translate to assign the srs OR after simply converting the
original image.

> Even

Thanks for all the timely bug squashing and help today.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan