[gdal-dev] Map Caching with GDAL

marcello ferrero marcello_ferrero at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 12:48:05 EST 2008

Hi Robert,
thanks for the reply.
Maybe I'm wrong, but tilecache and memcached both are server side modules, while I need something for the client side of my application (think about something like google maps mobile).
On the other side GDAL in-memory raster seems to me capable of managing pre-decoded raster buffers that in my case would occupy too much memory.

That's why I need something that is able to read a png (or jpeg) encoded  buffer from memory as it was a file reading.

Marcello