[gdal-dev] OGR and VPF

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 4 20:32:45 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
 >> but some archived emails lead me to believe that maybe the OGDI
Vectors format was somehow related.

 > OGDI is indeed the key.  You need to build OGDI which is *another*
 > multiformat geospatial library, then build GDAL/OGR with OGDI support
 > and then you can read VPF.

I'm running the Kyng Chaos build, which appears to have OGDI support,
but I can't figure out what file to point ogrinfo at. I downloaded a
chart (or thought I did), and got a zip file that had a dir in it named
"DNC26". in there is:

COA26A DHT    LAT

in the COA26A dir is:

CAT         ECR         HYD         LHT         LINEAGE.DOC POR
CUL         ENV         IWY         LIBREF      NAV         REL
DQY         GRT         LCR         LIM         OBS         TILEREF

and a bunch of stuff in those dirs -- I'm lost!

Maybe I didn't actually download a chart!

I'll poke at it more, but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov