[gdal-dev] OGR and VPF

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Feb 5 14:19:39 EST 2008

> Chris,
>
> It looks like c0a26a is your target.  Try using something like:
>
>    gltp:/vrf/path_to_c0a26a
>
> Note that the VRF driver in OGDI is very sensitive to case.
> You may need to write a script to turn all the filenames
> into lower case or something perverse like that.
>
> Best regards,

Chirstopher,

In fact, OGDI *used to be* very case sensitive. If you use OGDI from its CVS
repository, it should be much more tolerant towards case sensitiveness.
Note that it's important not to include the final slash in your gltp: "URL",
so gltp:/vrf/path_to_c0a26a is fine, but not gltp:/vrf/path_to_c0a26a/ .

Note, I've tried to download some DNC on the
http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/dnc/ NGA site, but I can't find full libraries
to download. Instead it only offers 'patches' with which I don't know what to
do.

Otherwise, for your information, I use almost daily OGDI for reading VMAP
products.

Best regards.