[gdal-dev] Geocode Raw Tiff

Chris Howell chowell at pyxisinnovation.com
Fri Feb 8 17:45:47 EST 2008

Hi All,

I have a raw tiff file that was generated out of a PDF map, what I want
to do is provide some geo-coding to this tiff file to turn it into a
geotiff file. I figure I can use geotifcp.exe with the appropriate world
file, having set the parameters I want it to be geolocated with in the
world file. However I was wondering if any of the other tools in FWTools
would be an appropriate mix. I looked up just about all the gdal
specific tools before sending this message and was still left with the
idea that geotifcp is my best bet. Therefore if there is a better tool
could you please provide me either an example of how to use it or a link
to the documentation on the web of how to use it.

Cheers
Chris Howell
Software Engineer
the PYXIS innovation - /Common Ground for Digital Earth/
w: www.pyxisinnovation.com
p: 613-389-6619