[gdal-dev] gdal_translate on HDF data through absolute paths?!?!?!?

mattia mattia.parigiani at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 11:32:11 EST 2008

I would like to know if it is possible to call gdal_translate on an HDF 4
SUBDATASET specified with an absolute path..

At the moment I do something like:

*gdal_translate -of GTiff -b 1 -b 2 -b 3 -co "PHOTOMETRIC=RGB"
HDF4_SDS:UNKNOWN:"AMOD021KM20070202.hdf":0 out.tif*

This is called from the working directory (.), where the HDF file lies..

What if I want to call the gdal_translate utility from somewhere else in the
file system?? ie: specify the dataset through absolute path??

Other thing is that I am trying to do this because I will eventually want to
call GDAL utilities from within CGI scripts running in a Apache HTTPD
server... I am though still not sure if this is doable and how to link the
wanted libraries so that they can be seen by CGI scripts..
Dos anyone have any experience/suggestions about this ??

Thanks in advance to all

--
Mattia