[gdal-dev] world file to world file

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 08:54:14 EST 2008

That worldfile-to-worldfile tool would be useful to me too.

Then I got another use case: Google Earth (GE) allows to georeference raster
images as GroundOverlays for free. GE exports the 'metadata' as KML. What
about a converter that takes this KML (or it's parameters from command line)
and generates a world file according to -t_srs option?

Here's such a GroundOverlay-KML (LatLonBox and AFAIK viewBoundScale are
required as input):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns=http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2>
<GroundOverlay>