[gdal-dev] gdalwarp rather than gdal_translate

Diana Esch-Mosher desch-mosher at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 12 12:39:15 EST 2008

I looked at gdalwarp and I see where it checks to see if the destination
file exists, if so then it reads the TargetSRS from that dataset. So I
should pre-create to the target size that I am requesting in gdalwarp? I
have no problem in python  pre-creating the file, copying the metadata,
geotransform, and projection data ... anything else I should copy? Then
I just call gdalwarp as gdalwarp -rcs -ts x y -of  NITF (or any other
-of  I want).

Diana