[gdal-dev] Re: size limit in using gdal_translate

estrada.adam at gmail.com estrada.adam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:31:57 EST 2008

Limei,
     Gdal_translate defaults the output file to GeoTIFF unless you
specify that it is another file type.  You can do this by using the
argument ( -of )  which in this case will be HFA  (-of HFA).  The way
you currently have your command line configured, the output file will
still be a TIFF even though you have specified that the extension
is .img.  An ERDAS IMAGINE .img can and will create files that far
exceed 4 gigs.

Regards,
AWE