[gdal-dev] Common installation on several machines

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Mon Feb 18 07:36:57 EST 2008

Hi!
I have access to a set of identical linux machines, and an NFS-shared directory has been set up to store commonly used packages we users compile, so they can be used from all the machines. I am hoping to throw GDAL in there, but given that GDAL does use a lot of external libraries (say, for HDF files and so on), I was wondering whether I could compile a version which has these dependencies statically linked. There are options in the configure script, but I am not sure on which options are the ones that will work the magic.

Any hints?
Cheers,
Jose