[gdal-dev] Question regarding overviews

lee heng hock xingfu81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:34:24 EST 2008

Hi,

Issue1:
Can we build overviews on a paletted geotiff map? or it has to apply only to
rgb maps?

Issue2 :
I have a georeferenced geotiff map (with only 1 raster band) which is large
in size probably a few hundred Mb which i like to load in my app. So i use
GDALBuildOverviews to build overviews so that I can load lower resolution
maps at smaller scales to beef up performance.

However, I noticed that after the building process is done, when i do this:
rasterband->GetOverviewCount(), the result is not 0 which is normal since i
built overviews.

But when I do:
rasterband->GetOverview(0)->GetOverviewCount(); the overview count is
also not 0. Why is this so ? shouldnt there be just one layer of overviews?

Thanks
Lee

--
Regards