[gdal-dev] GRIB Driver Migrated to Trunk

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 15:22:21 EST 2008

Folks,

With support from Baron Services I have done some work on the GRIB driver
written by Bas Retsios based on code from NOAA.  The work included a license
review (no problems) and some work to cleanup warnings, and the build setup.
Based on that going well, I have migrated the driver from /spike into GDAL
trunk.

I would appreciate folks interested in GRIB format doing some testing from
SVN or from nightly snapshots of trunk.

Thanks to Bas Retsios, Baron Services, Arthur Taylor (NOAA) and John
Huddleston (NOAA) we are now able to do useful work with GRIB format.