[gdal-dev] C#: Gdal on Win64

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Fri Feb 29 03:29:09 EST 2008

Is it possible to use gdal (C# wrapped)  from FWTools on a Win64 system
(Vista 64)?

I have a plugin for SportTracks which gives other libraries access to
GDAL. This is achieved by adding the path to the GDAL binaries to system
PATH (for the running program).

On a Win64, i.e. Vista 64, the exception below is thrown when trying to
read the version of the GDAL libraries. Is this normal behaviour or is
there anything I can do to avoid this exception? I use GDAL 1.6.0dev
from FWTools 2.1.0. All supportive libraries from FWTools are available
to Gdal.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE' threw an exception. --->
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception. --->
System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program
with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at
OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterExceptionCallbacks_Gdal(ExceptionDelegate
applicationDelegate, ExceptionDelegate arithmeticDelegate,
ExceptionDelegate divideByZeroDelegate, ExceptionDelegate
indexOutOfRangeDelegate, ExceptionDelegate invalidOperationDelegate,
ExceptionDelegate ioDelegate, ExceptionDelegate nullReferenceDelegate,
ExceptionDelegate outOfMemoryDelegate, ExceptionDelegate
overflowDelegate, ExceptionDelegate systemExceptionDelegate)
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE..cctor()
   at OSGeo.GDAL.GdalPINVOKE.SetConfigOption(String jarg1, String jarg2)
   at OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.SetConfigOption(String arg0, String arg1)
   at GDALPlugin.Gdal_Interface..ctor()

Yours
Tomas