[gdal-dev] Re: C#: Gdal on Win64

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Fri Feb 29 06:38:30 EST 2008

Neither have I access to a computer with Vista 64, or any other 64 bit
system, it is a user who has reported the error. I'm waiting to see if
there will be another user with a 64 bit system who will test the plugin
so as you say, it is not yet confirmed it is a 64 bit error.

The plugin is compiled to .Net2.0 and, of course on Vista, run on .Net3.5.

Since I personally can't test it is a bit harder/slower to verify if it
works.  A quick test on my computer (Win XP, 32 bit), after renaming the
gdal16dev.dll to gdal_fw.dll, together with FWTools C# wrappers and
supporting libraries I am able to query the gdal version but not, with
existing code, set up a spatial reference. (Pinvoke error, Can't read
the DLL-file osr_wrap)

Strange - is it a 64 bit "version" of gdal? should it then at all work
on my 32 bit system? That it fails on setting up a spatial reference I
guess is because it it is not able to reference to the FWtools version
of the supporting dlls. Or?

I will see if the user is willing to try this dll I downloaded from your
link and see if he is able to retrieve version information. If that
works we can move on to the rest of the libraries if you are willing.

Yours
Tomas