[gdal-dev] Extracting cell values from a big image and many smaller images

Limei Ran lran at unc.edu
Fri Feb 29 10:50:16 EST 2008

Hi:

I am using GDAL cpp library to create a program. The program will
ultimately generate a statistic table with cell values from a very big
modeling grid domain image (almost whole US) and many smaller land use
images within the big image.

I need to go through all the small image pixels to match grid cell
values in the big image. There are many ways to read image data in line
and blocks from GDALRasterBand class.

Since I am new in using GDAL libraries, I appreciate any suggestion you
might have in accessing the images efficiently.

Thanks,

Limei