[gdal-dev] Shapefile to Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Mon Jan 7 13:56:52 EST 2008

Hi Ed,

Thanks! Here's the sequence of pages that led to the 9820 code:

www.gdal.org
www.gdal.org/ogr
www.gdal.org/ogr/osr_tutorial.html
www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list
www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/proj_list/lambert_azimuthal_equal_area.html

That last page lists the EPSG code as 9820. I'm trying I'm trying to convert
currently uses the WGS84 projection.

What file do you mean when you refer to my "EPSG file"? Currently I don't have
such a file; that is what I am trying to create.

All advice appreciated!
Kent

Ed McNierney wrote:
 > Kent -
 >
 > The obvious question would be, "And do you think code 9820 actually exists
in your EPSG file?".  There is no such projection code in my EPSG table from PROJ.