[gdal-dev] How to generate WinCE header files? + Compiling question

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Wed Jan 9 07:10:53 EST 2008

Hi,

after having some problems compiling the current stable and/or SVN
version of GDAL I now wonder how to generate header files which I can
use in C++ along with the .lib - I assume I can not use the ones in in
the src folder, right? May this be a basic question but I got the the
header files for the version of GDAL I am currently using from somewhere
I do not remember :)

Problems with compiling the current release is/was:
Error    17    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
OGR_G_ExportToKML referenced in function "public: virtual char * __cdecl
OGRGeometry::exportToKML(void)const "
(?exportToKML at OGRGeometry@@UBAPADXZ)    ogrgeometry.obj
Error    18    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
OGR_G_ExportToJson referenced in function "public: virtual char *
__cdecl OGRGeometry::exportToJson(void)const "
(?exportToJson at OGRGeometry@@UBAPADXZ)    ogrgeometry.obj
Error    19    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
SASetupDefaultHooks referenced in function DBFOpen    dbfopen.obj
Error    20    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
SASetupDefaultHooks    shpopen.obj

I corrected this in commenting all this out as I do not use those
functions - but I guess that is not the best way to solve this issue.

May aim is to use "OGRSpatialReference" from my C++ code but I do not
have the "ogr_spatialref.h" header. Currently I am using a "gdal_priv.h"
header file (along with some others). Do I need Proj.4 for this to work?

Thanks in advance.
Tom