[gdal-dev] GDAL plugins and ArcGIS 9.2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 12:34:29 EST 2008

John Edwards wrote:
> Is there a branch of GDAL that was used for ArcGIS 9.2?  I’m trying
> unsuccessfully to create a plugin for use in ArcGIS and wondering if the
> source code that built ESRI’s version of gdal13.dll is available.

John,

There is no specific ArcGIS branch off GDAL 1.3. In theory I think you
should be able to build a plugin using MSVC 7.0 (aka MS Visual Studio 2002
.NET) and any of the GDAL 1.3.x releases.  In practice I'm not sure if
there are particular options required.

I'll leave a more comprehensive response to others who know more about this.