[gdal-dev] converting csv to kml: locations displaced in GoogleEarth

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Jan 10 18:18:19 EST 2008

> This cries out for a small custom script!
Yes. Imagine Exporting spreadsheet data like clients locations or hiking
destinations from office into GE!

> Simple csv in is a very common case for an end user.. , with all points
> in Lat/Lon.. or better Lon/La
Most non-GIS programs I know use the format lat./lon. wherr positive
means north/west.

> The Google python tool Regionator will handle it also
I think this is a answer to my question for a python KML script from my
last post:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel/14140/focus=14144

For all others starting to venture here:
regionator - Google Code - http://code.google.com/p/regionator/

Kind regards,
Timmie