[Gdal-dev] SDE to PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Pål Kristensen pal.kristensen at statkart.no
Wed Jan 16 03:12:16 EST 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to convert some data (approx 10GB) from SDE to PostgreSQL/PostGIS
using ogr2ogr. Due to the large amount of data it's not practical to use
shapefiles as intermediate storage. The problem is that I can't find any
GDAL/OGR windows binaries with both SDE support and PostgreSQL support.

The windows binaries which you can download form
http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/1.5/ does support SDE 9.x, by using the
plugins available at the same link. However these win binaries does, for
some reason, not support PostgreSQL.

I then tried to use the latest FWtools (2.0.4) that has PostgreSQL support,
but I cant find any SDE plugins that works with newer FWtools than version
1.3.9.

So basically FWtools works with PostgreSQL and the win32 binaries from the
GDAL web site works with SDE.

Is there any win32 compilation of the latest gdal 1.5.0 that has both
PostgreSQL and SDE 9.x support??

Regards,
Pål Kristensen