[gdal-dev] OGR style fields

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 16:24:02 EST 2008

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Mapserver is only a subset of the areas where this change would be
> beneficial. There might be other renderers that would utilize the OGR
> style support. I don't think this would eliminate the need of that
> mapserver related RFC, though.
>
> Would this change need an RFC on an explicit motion to vote on?

Tamas,

I think the notification of intent on the mailing list is sufficient
(as you have already done).  Go ahead and make your change and if there
are objections that arise we might reconsider.  But I don't anticipate
any problems.

Do please make a brief note in the method docs about this special
behavior for an attributed named ogr_style.