[gdal-dev] OGR Select Features by Location...

estrada.adam at gmail.com estrada.adam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:40:43 EST 2008

All,
    I have quite a bit of LIDAR data that has been converted to point
shapefiles.  I need to select all the points that intersect with
another polygon shapefile and then write those features to another
layer (shapefile).  ArcGIS will definitely do it but I am afraid that
my machine is not beefy enough to handle LIDAR-sized datasets so I was
wondering if anyone knew of some functionality in OGR lib that would
do this for me?  I cannot seem to figure out how to select by location
with the set of tools that are available i.e ogr2ogr...

Many thanks in advance,
AWE