[gdal-dev] The proj.dll mistery

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 1 10:03:32 EDT 2008

Joaquim Luis wrote:
>  Frank,
>
> Excuse me for my ignorance, but do you do than to tell the programs to
> use the proj_fw.dll instead of any proj.dll that may be trailing around?

Joaquim,

I build GDAL using the -DPROJ_STATIC option discussed a bit earlier in this
thread.   That is, I uncomment the following options in gdal/nmake.opt and
adjust according to local paths:

# PROJ.4 stuff
# Uncomment the following lines to link PROJ.4 library statically. Otherwise
# it will be linked dynamically during runtime.
#PROJ_FLAGS = -DPROJ_STATIC
#PROJ_INCLUDE = -Id:\projects\proj.4\src
#PROJ_LIBRARY = d:\projects\proj.4\src\proj_i.lib