[gdal-dev] PostGIS- geometry_column table

Sarel Coetzer geotech.sarel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 07:13:43 EDT 2008

Hi

I have noticed that I can't transform or extract PostGIS layers with FWtools
if the "geometry_column table" isn't updated.
Previously I have re-named or just deleted PostGIS-layers manually but
without the "geometry_column table" updating.

For example:

postgislayer -* lake* re-named to *midmar_lake* but then
"geometry_column.f_table_name"  "* lake***"  not updated nor can I edit it
manually*.

*Does anyone have suggestions how I can manage this?*
*If possible please give SQL statement example.
*

*Many thanks

Sarel*
*