[gdal-dev] Re: fwtools linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jul 5 15:39:03 EDT 2008

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> Hey, Frank.
> Is there anything I/HostGIS can do to help with FWTools builds for
> Linux? We have servers to spare, and some expertise in building
> MapServer, and we do use FWTools when HostGIS Linux isn't appropriate.
>
> What can we do to help?

Gregor,

It isn't the lack of a server that is the problem.  It is the fact that I've
now had to transition to a newer server with newer tools versions and it means
I have to update lots of bits and pieces to put together a working
distribution.

For the time being I'm putting much of my packaging effort into OSGeo4W
so I just am not making the day or so of work it will likely take to get
FWTools for linux working again.

Other than the lack of OpenEV, I would encourage folks to use other
Linux builds such as FGS or the DebianGIS binaries in the meantime.