[gdal-dev] Nodata Raster Calue

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Jul 22 13:36:09 EDT 2008

Hi SriRam,

Try gdalwarp like this:

    gdalwarp -dstnodata 255 infile.tif outfile.tif

If NoData is not defined in the source image in manner gdal
automatically recognises you'll need to specify it like so (assuming
pure black is NoData):

    gdalwarp -srcnodata 0 -dstnodata 255 infile.tif outfile.tif

You can also use RGB quoted triplets:

    gdalwarp -dstnodata "255 0 120"

cheers,

matt wilkie